Thursday, September 18, 2008
This is take three of 4 Feet Running! No wait--take four. This week is jam-packed:
- Nik and Dan explain their unexplained absence on a 4-mile run through their neighborhood: crappy luck
- They decide to take the show biweekly for now due to life stuff
- Nik continues her rivalry on the Million Feet Running Challenge with Nigel from Running from the Reaper
- They review Chi Running by Danny Dreyer and Pose Method of Running by Nicholas Romanov
- Nik explains how she's been running twice a day
- Dan's got a slight case of dehydration and sleep deprivation, which is not unique to him in his office
- They explain all this Bad Boys of Running vs. Bad Girls of Running business
- They get feedback from some very nice people
Pose Method of Running
Tommy Neeson is running from Maine to Florida for charity
Double your runs Runner's World articles by Ed Eyestone & Jeff Galloway
Run From... podcast
Star Wars Runner
Be a bad girl or boy and join the Bad Girls of Running Vs. Bad Boys of Running challenge on RunnerPlus.com
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to call us, send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Goofus tries his own kind of running, while Gallant uses the Pose Method:
These next two show some of the Pose Method exercises you can try, or if you just feel like dancing:
Dr. Romanov critiques a runner's form:
A Chi Running master showing the proper form:
The official Chi Running promo video:
And some guy we found on the Internet whose running form is impeccable:
Posted by Dan at 12:57 AM
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Don't worry: We're still making the show! In the meantime, here's a cute picture!
Long story short, we tried to record episode 45 last weekend, but that didn't go so well. We were going to record in Tiverton, R.I., but got a flat tire on the way. We couldn't find time to record any other time in the week after that.
Finding time in the week to record has been a bit tough, between work, changing schedules, insomnia, and lousy weather. But rest assured we're going to be recording as soon as we can, probably tomorrow in fact, then we'll edit furiously, and then you can listen to us blather on about silly sh__ while you run!
Because of our schedules, we'll probably be making the show every two weeks instead of every week (or, more accurately for lately, every 10 days or so). Sorry about that, but consider this: it'll be fortnightly! Doesn't that sound nicer?
We'll check in with you guys very, very soon, and thanks for listening!
Posted by Dan at 8:21 AM
Monday, September 1, 2008
And beat the Bad Boys of Running at our Runner+ Challenge: Bad Girls of Running vs Bad Boys of Running
Runner+ is free and fun. It's a great place to track your mileage, meet other runners and join challenges like this one. If you have a Nike+ system, you can sync it to the site, but you don't need a Nike+ system to be a part of Runner+. Right now, the Bad Boys' Team is bigger and winning, so we need more girls to join!
Be a Bad Girl of Running and show those nasty boys who's the better runner!
Posted by Nicole at 12:51 PM