Get ready to freeze your behind off with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik and Dan go for a staggeringly cold 3-miler in Providence (the ritzy part, not the crappy part)
- They discuss Yak Traks, which is appropriate because there's thick ice and snow everywhere
- Dan's got two great new coaches, but his trick knee is acting up again
- Nik does the Core Performance technique but still can't remember the guy's last name
- They wonder why there are multiple words for "stretching" in the fitness world
- Special Guest Star: Lewis from Starbucks, when Nik and Dan warm up with a nice hot mocha
- They take the plunge and actually set up Buckeye Outdoors accounts ... for their dogs
- Great feedback-o-rama from lots of listeners
• Core Performance
• The Good Ol' Boys
• What the hell's discoid meniscus?
• St. George Marathon in Utah
• The Marathon to Marathon in Texas: check out last year's finishers, an elevation profile, and testimony from racers
• Body for Life
• The Runners Roundtable
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-350-1677!
See what their route is like when it's not so damn snowy -- just go this way up Blackstone Boulevard, then when you hit Hope Street, turn around and go back:
View Larger Map
Dan tries to keep a big smile on his face as he runs in the freezing cold past a cemetery.
These stickers are stuck to the side of a Starbucks drive-thru in Seekonk, Mass., right outside Providence. The bottom sticker is the one Nik and Dan were giggling about, featuring something punching a horse in the mouth with a butterfly on its ass.