Sunday, August 10, 2008
Run through the playground of America's rich and famous with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik and Dan go for a 3-miler down Bellevue Avenue in Newport, R.I.
- They keep an eye out for Vikings and/or Chinese explorers
- Dan tries out some new shoes that may or may not be working
- Nik is feeling somewhat better, but her gastrointestinal doctor's nickname is a bit too appropriate
- A quick update on their World Wide Festival plans
- They have a little picnic in Touro Park, near the Chinese-Viking-settler monument
- They get feedback from some very wonderful people
- Keep your eyes peeled for an extra-special project
Big Brown Truck Man's podcast: Run Farther, Run Faster
The Niagara International Marathon
Bob's blog page
Like to visit Newport?
Listen to more running podcasts at RunningPodcasts.org
Info on how we record the show
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to call us, send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Nik stands in one of the fabulous mansions of Newport. Not sure which one. One of the expensive ones?
Newport is also home to the International Basketball Hall of Fame.
A skywriter went over our heads at some point, spurring this panorama advertising Mohegan Sun casino.
The Newport Art Museum gets a whole lot nicer.
Nik, a Chinese person, scans the fort at Touro Park for telltale signs of Chineseness. She came up empty.
Dan stands on Cliffwalk, a nice walking trail along--what else? A cliff.
Nik stands along the edge of Cliffwalk.
Posted by Dan at 7:06 PM