Friday, February 13, 2009
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's 4 Feet Running's Super 5K race! This week:
- Nik and Dan head to beautiful Narragansett, R.I., for the Super 5K
- They prove to be invincible to cold weather, but Nik's kryptonite: rocks in her shoes
- Hammer Nutrition? You CAN touch this
- Dan takes his new Garmin 205 for a spin and loves how it helps his new Uncle Higgy schedule
- "You don't see this many people in tights unless it's a race"
- "The people I run with in races tend to be sort of elderly and a little bit broken-looking"
- It's a battle of the dueling Garmin tracking websites, with MotionBased vs. Garmin Connect (check out both logs to compare & contrast)
- They read tons of great e-mail from wonderful people
- Narragansett Super 5K results
- Narragansett Running Association
- Garmin 405 software for the Mac FINALLY
- Ascent software for Garmin
- See Ascent in action with Suukii's blog post for her half-marathon
- Run Lucie Run blog
- Where the hell is Wodonga? And yes, there really is Street View
- Happy reading: "First Marathons," "Running Within," and "Ultramarathon Man"
- Crazy Runner's Ocala Half Marathon race report
- Dirt Dawg's blog
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-350-1677!
The Narragansett Super 5K race course is right by the ocean.
Nik takes a look at what's under the cool-looking castle-like structure seen in the top photo (we never bothered to find out for sure).
This part of the course was nice. The other part, near people's houses, wasn't as much.
Dan hands out Gun Show tickets as he approaches the finish line. Unfortunately, everyone had other plans.
Afterward, they went geocaching in Narragansett, which explains why they're messing around underneath a bridge (hint: the geocache wasn't there anyway).
Dan's new T-shirt matches the color of his iPod Shuffle. Get your own Dan Go Run gear here.
Posted by Dan at 3:53 AM