Saturday, October 24, 2009
Think global, run in Connecticut this week with 4 Feet Running! This episode:
- Nik and Dan do the World Wide Festival of Races at the ING Hartford half-marathon and 5K (respectively)
- Hartford is full of cranky people who like to cut in line
- Nik and Dan need to practice their geography to figure out where the races begin -- South? West? Huh?
- Dan helps a guy put on his timing chip
- Nik appears to have pooped her running skirt (but didn't)
- It's not the prettiest race course, but they both have great race times
- Except Dan has a problem with races that cheap out on the 5K timing mats
- Nik finds that the first mile of the half-marathon is a contact sport
- Assorted mayhem on the course: bloody nipples, baby stroller roller-derby, broken legs, impromptu football games
- Dan goes on a running gear shopping spree
- Nik feels weird staring at random people's feet
- They read some great email from wonderful listeners
Worldwide Festival of Races
Hartford ING marathon, half-marathon, and 5K
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-367-0767!
This is what Dan thinks of people who cut him in line.
Nik is facing the west side of the park. Or is it south? Maybe north.
There she is, finishing her half-marathon, heel-striking...
Dan poses by Lily Pond in downtown Hartford. This is the part of town that isn't slummy.
Nik shows off her half-marathon finisher's medal, another one to add to the collection.
Posted by Dan at 5:53 PM