Monday, November 5, 2007
Welcome to the spooky 16th episode of 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik and Dan celebrate Halloween with a 2-mile run through Salem, Massachusetts, witch capital of the world
- They see a haunted ghost walk featuring mostly live people
- Nik reveals that she didn't like candy as a kid (no, REALLY)
- Dan's vampiric past gets dragged into the light
- They witness an actual recreation of a witch trial in an actual recreation of a witch dungeon
- Some ghostly spectre scares the whatsit out of Nik
- Dan gets a "psychic reading," and they talk about why psychics are all 100 percent full of crap
Salem's official Website
Haunted Happenings in Salem
Who is The Amazing James Randi?
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Let's just get the "Bewitched" jokes out of the way early.
It's either a witch or a Puritan. The hats are really similar, frankly.
The Ghost Walk features hundreds of trick-or-treaters and some really amazing costumes (well, maybe not the lady in the blue shirt).
At the Salem Witch Dungeon, actresses depict a Salem witch trial.
Later, the actresses hanged each other. They're Method actresses.
This Native American band appears to have followed us from Faneuil Hall in Boston (see Ep. 11). Coincidence? Yeah, probably.
Nothing says "Halloween" like the Easter Bunny!
Salem's community of psychics get together for the Psychic Fair and Witchcraft Expo. Among the items for sale: "Dragon's blood," cauldrons, jewelry, crystal balls, an LP record of the Satanic Mass as performed by Anton LeVey, magic rocks, and other assorted crap that makes good paperweights.
We pause for a photo during our run through Salem.
Later at night, they were scared away from the Witch Museum's long line, so Nik and Dan got Ben & Jerry's. They had pumpkin cheesecake flavor ice cream, and it was delicious.
Posted by Dan at 5:21 PM