Sunday, November 25, 2007
Welcome to the 19th episode of 4 Feet Running, and Part 2 of the 2007 Philadelphia Marathon spectacular! It's an extra-special show packed with laughs, heartbreak, adventure, romance, and glory! This week:
- All of Nik's training pays off for the Philly Marathon
- Nik and Dan wait in line at the marathon expo for her race number, an orderly process that devolves into pandemonium in a matter of seconds
- They attend the marathon expo and gather a bunch of swag
- Nik and Dan try out the Sleep Number Bed, as seen on TV
- They collect their thoughts before the big run and get psyched up
- Nik is herded into a group of several thousand people running through downtown Philadelphia
- She sees many of them peeing on downtown Philadelphia's bushes, just right out in the open
- Nik's thorough post-race report includes moments of juggling, beer-drinking, and one furious runner having the "worst day" of his life
- They read feedback from some very nice people
- Short video coming soon (I hope)!
Stuff that's fun to click:
The Philadelphia Marathon
Look up someone's race results
The Phedippidations podcast
It's Yuengling time
The story of another athlete who did pretty well in Philadelphia
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Thanks for listening, and enjoy!
Nik and Dan attend the 2007 Philadelphia Marathon expo at Temple University. Nik is there to pick up her race bib, while Dan scavenges for free crap.
Dan is ecstatic to have found a free racing bib, which he hopes to exchange for a T-shirt and a hot meal.
Nik gently reminds him that it's hers and makes her way to the expo floor.
The Liacouras Center's arena is packed with people selling racing shoes, clothes, bottles, accessories, energy bars, rice (!), Sleep Number Beds, and, in the foreground, "homeopathy" b.s.
Nik awaits the start of the race in the pre-dawn hours, right near the Eakins Oval in downtown Philadelphia. She is easy to spot in her cute green shirt.
This is one of the many times Nik thought they were actually starting the race, but they weren't.
After the race, she has her picture taken by Dan's sister (fuzzy arm at left) while wrapped in a Philly Marathon space blanket. Her marathon time: 4:37:45.
Posted by Dan at 1:51 PM