Monday, December 10, 2007
Welcome to the 21st episode of 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik and Dan go for a 3-mile run through the winter wonderland that is Fall River's Oak Grove Cemetery
- Dan unveils his new Hal Higdon-approved training plan
- Nik continues to recover capably from her marathon and begins to plan her next running season
- They talk about how nice snow is -- love it or leave it, crabby New Englanders
- But ice is slippery and unpleasant
- They discuss the upcoming Christmas holiday and how Dan's much more into it than Nik is (for reasons which are very sad)
- Nik and Dan also wonder which superhero has the best, or stupidest, super power
- Some very nice people send in some great e-mail
Stuff that's wicked fun to click:
running in Hyannis
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Thanks for listening, and enjoy!
Nik and Dan have a veritable constellation of Christmas lights on their front porch. One of those small constellations.
Nik peeks out the window while Stanley tries to eat several bulbs off the Christmas tree.
Last year, Stanley liked to eat ornaments off the Christmas tree. This year, he's bigger and older -- so he will be able to reach the ornaments much higher up.
The newest jewel on Nik and Dan's Christmas tree is Dan's, a replica of a cherry-red Gibson EDS-1275 SG-style doubleneck electric guitar, with a 12-string neck and a 6-string neck, exactly the sort played by Led Zeppelin guitar god Jimmy Page (available for about $3,000 and change at better music retailers, in case you're looking for gift ideas)
Their banister is decorated in a glorious green that unfortunately doesn't mask the fact that the stairs need to be refinished.
We like Christmas lights. A lot.
The dogs don't care as much.
Posted by Dan at 2:22 PM