Friday, March 21, 2008
Experience the sounds, sights, tastes, and smells of New Bedford, Mass., with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik runs the New Bedford Half-Marathon (that's it, no special name)
- Dan's having a great time running now that he's introduced cartography into his routine
- Nik is having less fun -- she's burnt out, tired, and queasy
- Some sights: Barflies emerging from their cocoon
- Some tastes: KFC, fish sandwiches, and Fierce Gatorade
- Some smells: Fish, garbage, dog poop from the future
- They listen to a special audio comment from a nice person
Map My Run
New Bedford Half-Marathon
24 hours of "whale blubber talk"
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to call us, send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Nik attaches her race bib to her fuel belt in a cool, stylish place.
Nik stands in the spot where she and Dan have arranged to meet -- right by the lady in the blue coat biting her nails through her gloves.
Nik lines up with all the other runners -- there were about 2,000 in all. Not all in the photo.
While she ran the race, Dan decided to hit some of New Bedford's hotspots.
This is the church that Herman Melville used as the inspiration for the chapel in the beginning of "Moby-Dick." This is interesting to, like, 6 other people.
This is one of the nicer areas of New Bedford, in the historic district.
Nik runs across the finish line. For once, there wasn't anybody blocking Dan's view.
Nik's ankles: Before the race.
Nik's ankles: After the race
Posted by Dan at 4:09 PM