Monday, March 10, 2008
It's a 4-miler in a van down by the river with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik and Dan run for 4 miles through beautifulish Somerset, Mass.
- It's the longest Dan's run ever -- seriously, like, ever
- They talk about ugly houses and wild goose attacks
- Nik has some trouble sleeping and getting a good, decent run in
- Dan wonders if he should put Vicks Vapo-Rub on his nipples to clear his sinuses while he runs
- They discuss the pros and cons of video art and hoarding cats
- Dan is not the Man With A Plan, and Nik is deeply unhappy about Daylight-Saving Time
- They read feedback from some very nice people and plug a great charity for MS in case you'd like to donate
- APOLOGIES: Forgot to hit the Bleep Button on a few swears in there
MS: Cape Cod Getaway Ride 2008
Donna's Story and Donations towards her 75mile ride for MS
BigBrownTruckMan 's Blog
Emily Yoffe (Slate.com's "Human Guinea Pig") on the presidential candidates' personalities
We ran here this week
This is where the homicidal goose lives
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to call us, send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
This is Stanley the pointer, pointing at a very large, very protective goose on our quickly-abandoned run earlier in the week.
Instead, we tried recording in Somerset. No homicidal geese anywhere.
Dan shows off his water bottle, which he ran with for the first time.
Coolest slide ever at the town beach in Somerset.
Dan didn't realize it at the time he took this picture, but on this little spit of land sticking out into the Taunton River, there appear to be people hanging out...in a van, down by the river.
A beautiful beach scene on a peninsula in Somerset. See the hill at right? That's the landfill.
Here's a slideshow of a few photos Dan took at the Museum of Fine Arts (completely unrelated to running, but what the hell):
Posted by Dan at 7:19 PM