Friday, February 29, 2008
It's a case of the Februaries at the Hyannis Half-Marathon with 4 Feet Running! In this special race-day episode:
- Nik and Dan head to beautiful Hyannis, the tricep of Cape Cod
- They track the elusive North American sister Kim, a wily, rarely photographed mammal that's small and Asian
- After funerals and emergency room visits with relatives, Nik and Dan get the Februaries
- They discuss American cultural development vis a vis breakfast eggs
- It's chaotic in Hyannis but at least everybody survives intact
- Nik runs a great half-marathon race in record time
- Dan pays a record amount of money for a bagel
- They do a post-race wrapup and read some e-mails from very nice people
The Hyannis Half-Marathon results
Running to Disney
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
On their drive to Hyannis, Dan notices the stupidest set of instructions ever, on a gas pump in Cape Cod.
Nik and Dan scope out the finish line scaffolding beforehand, just in case.
Dan brought along his halo to keep him busy while Nik runs the half-marathon.
Nik prepares to run the race without carrying a water bottle -- bad move considering they ran out of water at the first stop.
Aha! Dan snaps off a frameable portrait of Nik's sister Kim, in green, as she heads toward the finish line.
He has better luck getting Nik near the finish.
Nik shares post-race notes while Kim does something with her hair. It's the best photo we had of her, honestly.
Can you spot what's wrong with this medal?
These photos make it look like there's a pyramid in the background. The Great Pyramid of Hyannis is actually nowhere near here.
Click for a larger version of the map.
Posted by Dan at 9:34 PM