Saturday, April 12, 2008
Take a run downtown with 4 Feet Running as Nik and Dan run the Officer Thomas Giunta Memorial 5K road race! This week:
- Nik recalls her first time running this race years before, the start of her running habit
- Dan finally -- FINALLY -- gets a 10K training plan
- Nik's running routine isn't working so great for her, plus oil paint poisoning sucks
- They come dangerously close to not getting any race swag due to poor foresight
- Nik wins the Whitest Sneakers Award for her brand-new Brooks, purchased at the Crazy Man Running Store
- Dan outruns the military for most of the race
- Other characters glimpsed in this episode: Nik's Chauvinist Teacher, Dan's ex-coworker Stacey, and an accountant named Bubbles
- They discuss Dan's new 10 in 10 Challenge and read some reviews by very nice people
The 10 in 10 Challenge by Nigel from Running from the Reaper
More about the race
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to call us, send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
A panorama of the inside of the Municipal Veterans Memorial, where Nik and Dan picked up their race numbers (and later, their swag).
Some kind stranger took a picture of both of us at the start of the race. Very few pictures exist with both of us in the shot, leading many people to believe that we're actually the same person.
Nik gives Dan the hairy eyeball for some reason.
Members of the ROTC line up in formation. They followed Dan at a steady pace for much of the race, trying desperately to catch up to his pace. Finally, Dan quit toying with them and let them pass.
Winner of the Whitest Sneakers Award 2008 goes to Nik for her new Brooks Dyad 4s. Good job!
The T-shirts came in XL only. More free T-shirts for Dan! Or, Nik can use hers as a miniskirt/top combo.
Click here for an interactive map of the course!
View Larger Map
Posted by Dan at 4:54 PM