Tuesday, April 22, 2008
It's a spring fling in Plymouth with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik, Dan, and the dogs rock on for 3 miles in downtown Plymouth
- Stanley the pointer goes for several swims in Town River while running through Brewster Park
- Nik's in a running funk, but is really liking this Twitter business
- Dan's 10K training plan is going according to plan, but ice cream may sabotage his 10 in 10 Challenge
- They talk about Nik's ancestor who came over on the Mayflower and may or may not have slipped on a banana peel
- Speaking of which, they talk about meeting an older lady clown with a filthy mouth (it's hard to explain ... just listen to it)
- There are no pictures of Plymouth Rock because it's frankly not that impressive
- They read emails and reviews from very nice people
- Special thanks to Gordon from Tiree and Adam "Another Runner" Tinkoff for their song "I Do"
WebMD: Plantar Fasciitis
Mayo Clinic: Plantar Fasciitis
The article emailed to us from Rebecca (Just Start Running)
The Pilgrim guy who fell off the Mayflower
The 10 in 10 Challenge
Plymouth has quaintness practically coming out of its ears.
Look closely and you'll even see a friendly cop sitting on a park bench in the town square. See? Quaint as hell.
Nik, Stanley, and Myrna warm up in Brewster Park in downtown Plymouth, while Stanley eyes the Town River.
And there he goes.
This is Mayflower, a third-scale replica of the original, even though people today are seven-fourths scale what they were in 1620.
Dan and the dogs pose by the Mayflower.
View Larger Map
Posted by Dan at 3:47 PM