There's foreshadowing, suspense, and dramatic irony aplenty with 4 Feet Running with Nik and Dan! This week:
- Nik and Dan run the Fairhaven Father's Day Road Race 10K
- They predict it won't rain -- guess what happens?
- Nik has mysterious trouble with her Garmin -- guess what happens?
- Dan hopes he won't be in last place for his first 10K -- guess what almost happens?
- They recover from their lousy races with a nice, relaxing walk, where everyone's a winner
- Their dog Stanley has interesting (and expensive) food preferences
- Nik shares her first look at the Garmin Forerunner 405 GPS sports watch
- Dan wraps up his 10 in 10 in 10 Challenge (10 weeks, 10 pounds, 10K) and looks to the future with sunny optimism
The 10 in 10 Challenge
Fairhaven Father's Day Road Race results
World-Wide Half-Marathon & Kick the Couch 5K
Zen Run 10K
Runner's World Smart Coach
The GPS Store.com
Tanita scales are the best
What happened in Hartford
Dan shows off his new Nike Dri-Fit hat, which is his new running headgear. He also shows off an impressive thicket of body hair.
Nik gets ready for the race, just before the rains come pouring down.
Three guys in tricorne hats and breeches and with muskets get ready to fire off the cannon that starts the Fairhaven Father's Day Road Race. Only guys with tricorne hats and breeches are licensed to discharge cannons.
This is what's left of Nik's Garmin Forerunner 205 after Stanley the dog used it to floss his incisors.
Click the photo below to see 9 more photos of Nik's new Garmin 405:
This is Stanley's favorite song: