Santa Claus is stuck in a glass cage with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik, Dan, and listener John run the Edaville Rail Run 5-miler trail run in Carver, Mass.
- Coming along for the ride are John's neighbor Jack, his daughter Amy, and Dan's work friend Jon -- so that's 3 Johns for the price of 1 right there
- Edaville Railroad has a whole Christmas display going, complete with creepy Santa dioramas and transgendered elves
- Nik's Garmin Forerunner 405 goes bye-bye
- They also meet an older lady who's all banged up but who still runs the 5-miler
- Dan starves his way across 5 hard miles, Nik's glucose levels plummet, but everyone else doing the race has a phenomenal time
- Listeners share their Garmin woes
- More Stanley the pointer dog hogging all the attention at the end
- They get email and phone calls from very nice people
Edaville Rail Run
race results on Cool Running
Dan admires the corpse of Santa Claus that has been propped up in a glass cage for everyone to see.
The one on the right is the transgendered elf. As if you couldn't tell...
Dan looks for his name in the Bad Book to confirm his status as a member of the Bad Boys of Running.
This elf is a very bad boy.
Nik has a war wound from the race, thanks to a branch or something.
On the other hand, she did get to wear her running skirt.
This is Casey, the pointer owned by Sweet Daddy D. Thanks for sharing, Doug!
Click below for a slideshow of photos by Special Guest Star John (from the Poi)!