It's a super-sized 10K by the sea with 4 Feet Running! This week:
- Nik and Dan run the Cohasset 10K Road Race by the Sea
- Where's the race? I dunno ... over there somewhere ... I dunno ...
- They hear the race is supposed to be nice and flat
- It's nice, but only a Himalayan sherpa would think it's flat
- They find where Cohasset, a tony coastal suburb, keeps its antique cuspidor shop and it's all-natural health food store
- Does Nik get her 3rd PR in a row? Will Dan conquer Cohasset? Listen to find out
- They talk about the new 4 Feet Running book club
- They get tons of feedback from lots of wonderful people, including one of the grossest emails ever received
- They plug GoWagon.com and their new monthly challenge for April, Rock Paper Scissors, and the Trilogy Running challenge
- And tons of other stuff
Cohasset Road Race by the Sea website
Complete race results
Check out the new Garmins 310XT and 405CX (including a fabric band!)
The Gorilla Run
The Bloggling Joggler
See how the Cohasset Road Race T-shirts are made (turn your sound down -- the music is somewhat obnoxious)
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-350-1677!
Nik looks out in case Kate Bosworth or Steve Carell's wife shows up at the Cohasset town center.
They have an honest-to-goodness pond in the middle of town. It's not polluted or anything!
Anticipation is high before the start of the race, where Dan started way in the back.
OK, so this is the elevation chart from Map My Run.com. Notice how there's just one big hill in the middle, then it goes downhill. Right?
Boom! This is the elevation chart using GPS info from Garmin. Note the steep peaks and valleys where that allegedly smooth hill is supposed to be. Pfft.
View MapMyFitness.com in a larger map