Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Have a Willow Tree chicken salad sandwich, hold the sandwich, with 4 Feet Running! This is Part 1 of a 2-part half-stravaganza! This week:
- Nik and Dan prepare to run the Willow Tree chicken salad Half-Marathon in Providence, Rhode Island
- If they can ever find the start line
- Little things get in the way, from vomiting dogs to Garmins that won't sleep, from ass-knots to twingey knees
- Take a little trip down memory lane as they remember how Dan got himself into this half-marathon mess
- Nik decides she'll pace Dan for the half so she can see him run double-digits in person (and her knee hurts)
- More tunnel shout-outs than you can shake an underpass at
- Why you shouldn't wear bad shoes even for sitting in a cubicle
- Testicle shout-out! Woo hoo testicles!
- They meet Ron Burgundy's doppelganger standing in the middle of nowhere
- Even though she's broken here and there, Nik is running pretty well, and Dan's having the best run of his life...until, dot-dot-dot...
- Will Dan make it through the rest of the race intact? Will Nik's Garmin keep a charge until the end? And why is someone convinced that Dan is the Chi-Running guru Danny Dreyer? Tune in next time!
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-350-1677!
At the race expo the day before the half-marathon, Dan hits the Willow Tree chicken salad booth to score some WTCS.
This puny amount was all they were willing to part with, but it was still delicious.
Nik has the fuel belt cinched tightly around her waist because she's carrying about 5 pounds of technical gadgets and other stuff.
Dan waits in potty line, looking a little bit like he's gotta go sooner instead of later.
Posted by Dan at 7:10 PM