Thursday, May 21, 2009
Have a second helping of chicken salad, with Part 2 of 4 Feet Running's Willow Tree chicken salad half-marathon in Providence! This week:
- Dan is struggling around the 7.5 mile mark while Nik is adjusting her knee brace and watching her Garmin Forerunner quickly lose battery power
- No tunnel shoutouts this time: Dan has the abdominal stitch to beat all abdominal stitches
- It's a good, bad, and ugly kind of race but have a great time, despite not getting a space blanket
- They get spotted from listener Tim at the finish line (sorry, it was hard to hear everything, Tim)
- How Nik and Dan's knees have held up since the race
- They read tons of feedback from lots of wonderful people
- It's a Voice-Mail-O-Rama!
- The mystery of why Dan is not the Chi Running guy
Providence Rhode Races
The official (but wrong) race results
Joe's Running Aimlessly blog
Hot Chocolate 15K/5K
Tri With MS
Run Ansky Run
mloptapang.org: Give em a buck
Nik's knee brace held up OK, although there was a bit of chafing, she discovered later.
Nik adds a new medal to her collection. Available after the half-marathon were loads of free pizzas, seen behind her, taunting her with their bready goodness.
Dan rips open his running jacket Hulk Hogan-style -- look what kind of shirt he's wearing under there?
The Dan Go Run shirt is the latest fashion craze -- even Aussies love it! Thanks, Paula!
Posted by Dan at 8:08 PM