Sunday, June 14, 2009
San Diego -- drink it in with 4 Feet Running! It always goes down smooth. This Part 1 of a 2-part San Diego extravamarathaganza! This week:
- Nik runs her fifth 26.2-miler, the San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathon
- Nik and Dan take a little pre-race jaunt around downtown San Diego, where they do some jogging -- or maybe it's "yogging," it may be a soft J
- Where's all the good weather at? And how'd Dan's beard get so gray?
- They stay at a "haunted" hotel, and as predicted they never hear or see anything
- They run by Petco Park and they don't see or hear anything there, either
- Nik and Dan see tens of thousands of people on race day in Balboa Park, including famous running bloggers Maddy (Maddy Runs) and Alisa (Ambitious Aspirations)
- Nik never ends up making the switch to Pacific time -- it's quite amazing, actually
- But she DOES make the switch to Ininji toe-socks, which feel terrific with sandals
- A little corral-side chit-chat with Nik, Alisa and Maddy about tea, toenails, and "emergency" iPod playlists
- Experience the music of the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon as Nik runs by
- And stay tuned for the next episode where we meet Nik out the race chute, get her race report, and more!
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-350-1677!
In Nik's San Diego marathon swag bag? A box of macaroni and cheese. Really. (No, we had to throw it out)
Nik waits in line early on race day at Balboa Park.
She's got her race bib safety-pinned to her cute little Under Armour running skirt.
From left, three titans of the running-blogging community: Nik, Alisa, and Maddy.
One of the many "rock and roll" bands playing at the San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathon.
There were quite a few people dressed in weird costumes running the race...
...and some that weren't dressed at all. This guy ran the race painted to look like a victim from the Saw movies, apparently.
Posted by Dan at 8:28 PM