Tuesday, June 23, 2009
You've rocked -- now let's roll with 4 Feet Running! It's the second half of Nik's San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathravaganza! This week:
- Nik crosses the finish line in beautiful San Diego and gives a full race report on her fifth 26.2-miler, one of her hardest
- Like Elvis? Nik doesn't -- at least not anymore
- Like runny-nosed kids? Nik doesn't -- at least not anymore
- Hear the long and complicated adventure of how they managed to leave the race finish area
- Which would you rather have hurt: your stomach from yucky electrolytes or legs from lack of electrolytes?
- Polyester and sequin jumpsuits, Adidas sandals with socks and walking poles: common San Diego marathon wear
- What did Nik and Dan think of San Diego? "The weather was not what we were promised"
- Nik bids a fond adieu to Uncle Higgy and says hello to Uncle Pfitzy
- Dan loves his mother, but not in a $50-for-a-T-shirt way
- Nik and Dan consider whether a billion dollars is worth being mauled by a bear for
- Another giveaway in the 4 Feet Running Book Club: "Ultramarathon Man" by fellow San Diego marathoner Dean Karnazes
- They get some great feedback from wonderful people
- Stay tuned to the very end for a special dawggie treat
San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathon and the results (and the results for everyone else)
Big Papa Q's blog
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley. And feel free to call us at 206-350-1677!
Nik is wiped out from holding the humongous Rock 'N' Roll Marathon medal.
She spent much of the first day of the vacation doing this in public places.
Later on, they went to the Museum of Man, which has a room celebrating the achievements of humankind -- among them, the Forerunner 405.
San Diego's a really nice spot. It's hard to fit it all in one picture.
Dan went all the way to San Diego and all he got was this lousy luchador mask...
Here's what Sweet Daddy D's dog Casey thinks of 2009 so far.
Posted by Dan at 5:15 PM