Sunday, October 21, 2007
Welcome to the 14th episode of 4 Feet Running! It's a very special episode packed with adventure! This week:
- Dan and Nik run the Catholic Memorial Home 5K Harvest Race and Fun Run (or whatever it's called)
- It's Dan's first-ever 5K distance, and the longest he's ever run -- EVER
- Dan's knee is mysteriously swollen ahead of the race
- Nik has a running week packed with miles, yoga and "fairy cards"
- They discuss the merits of taking a bathroom break before a race, as opposed to taking all over yourself as you run
- Bananas appear in strange places
- Dan survives to run another day despite one crucial error
- They read an e-mail from a very nice person
Download this episode from the iTunes Store, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Thanks for listening, and enjoy!
Dan claims his coveted prize: a long-sleeved T-shirt covered with writing.
Nik prepares to run her 5K. Big deal. She does those in her sleep.
Dan psyches himself up for the race by reminding himself that he is fantastic.
Dan crosses the finish line with almost nobody else around. He thought it was because he came in so fast.
Their race results are posted at the refreshment table.
A banana is enjoyed after a hard day's run. Afterward, he threw the peel into the Port-a-potty with all the other bananas.
Posted by Dan at 5:08 PM