Monday, October 27, 2008
Think global, run local with 4 Feet Running! This episode:
- Nik and Dan go for the Zen Run 10K in Lakeville, Mass.
- They talk about their World Wide Festival of Races runs, and why they prefer to call it the WWF
- Fall's their favorite season, so they take advantage of it by being out among the various topiaries, lakes, cranberry bogs, and other features of nature
- Then nature calls
- Nature won't stop calling, so they take advantage of nature by having a pit stop in the woods
- Nik discusses what it's like to go wheat-free, Dan wants manly-sounding shoes, and Myrna can't stop wheezing
- They talk about their first-ever experiences with running
- Nik and Dan get some great feedback from very nice people, and actually give some feedback to other very nice people
World Wide Festival of Races
Town of Lakeville
The route we ran (not the race -- just the route)
Running to Disney podcast
Dan's blog post about their brief vacation
Download this episode from iTunes, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to call us, send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Dan and the dogs (Myrna, left, and Stanley) stand by the Lakeville Town Hall, which is so New Englandy you can hardly stand it.
Nik's hat matches the fall colors on the foliage, except for the white bit.
Someone in Lakeville shaped their hedges into topiaries, making vaguely animal-looking things. Bunny rabbits? Chipmunks? Brontosauruses? We're not sure, but they were great.
One of the many lakes in Lakeville. Actually, I think this is technically a "pond." But Pondville doesn't sound as nice.
Two rural-looking animals of some sort, possibly horses. We're from the city. We usually only see horses when they're standing under Clint Eastwood.
This is the "Balls" mailbox that caused Dan to erupt in shrieks of laughter along the way, and made him forget to stop his Nike+ Sportband.
Posted by Dan at 1:31 PM