Monday, October 1, 2007
Welcome to 4 Feet Running, Episode 11! In this week's fun-filled episode:
- Nik and Dan hunt zombies in downtown Boston -- yes, zombies
- They find them, and they are rather a sorry lot
- Nik and Dan run for 30 minutes through the financial district, Faneuil Hall, and past South Station
- Dan reveals that he has skipped Week 8 and gone straight for Week 9's jugular
- Nik is still tremendously busy with work, which is putting a damper on her marathon training
- They discuss the various social habits and cultural biases facing people of the undead orientation
- Celebrity spottings aplenty, from world-famous composer John Williams to the guy from "Cheers" who played Carla's husband
- Nik and Dan read lots of e-mail from very nice people
Links mentioned in the show:
how the lurching undead stay organized
Download us from the iTunes Store, leave a comment or check us out on Podcast Alley, or give us a Digg. And feel free to send us e-mail or leave a comment here!
Thanks for listening, and enjoy!
That cluster of kids on the right? Those are the zombies. Not all of them -- the one with the bottled water hadn't staggered out of the subway yet.
We ran through Boston's financial district. The fully eaten corncob was about a block up.
There was a lot of construction going on, as you know if you heard the show.
A great Native American band playing at Faneuil Hall.
The entrance to Boston's Chinatown.
Nik plays up her Chineseness by posing near a statue at the entrance to Chinatown.
This is the route we took through downtown Boston.
Posted by Dan at 12:41 PM